Need advice!

Hi ladies, this is my first time posting in this group. So me and my partner have been together 4 years, got one 2 year old LB and I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant. My partner has 3 serious heart conditions and is also epileptic.
 In January he went out with his friends and got very drunk. This resulted in him having a very bad seizure and was hospitalised for 2 weeks. When he came out his worked fired him for being off ill (was on probation) his epilepsy continued to be unpredictable and he kept having small seizures. So me and him made a pact that he would never drink again, for the sake of our children needing their dad in their lives and it wasn't work the risk of him having a seizure. So everything was going well up until last month. He was going out to watch football and lying saying he wasn't drinking then coming home smelling of beer. 
He started a new job last week since he's been unwell and last night he came home pissed yet again after lying and promising. 
That was the last straw for me and I kicked him out this afternoon with all his stuff. He thinks I'm being controlling and unfair when really I can't stand the thought of mine and my kids life without him, and it is awful witnessing him have these seizures which are triggered by him drinking. It's been 8 hours and I already miss him like crazy. We have spoke about this A LOT and he always promises he won't do it again and he does. 
Have I made the right decision? 😢