What a day

Danielle
What a day! Judah Aslan Zeigler was born June 29, 2016 at 5:00 pm and he is just beautiful. He weighs 7 lbs 14 oz, 19 inches in length, and a head circumference of 13 1/4 cm. My husband and I went into the birth and labor center thinking they would send us home because I was only having contractions 5 min apart and I was 3 cm dilated. The nurse for some reason had a feeling to check and make sure he was head down with an ultrasound. Come to find out, he was breach. She informed me they do not allow breach babies to be born vaginally and hopefully doctor would be able to turn him externally. By the time our Doctor could see us and indeed confirm he was breach I was having contractions even more consistently and had reached 4 cm dilated. The nurse was preparing me for news that was unknown territory to me and made me feel very nervous. I may have to have a c-section. 
I was overwhelmed with fears, anxiety, and some sadness. Many of my friends have had a c-section but I was unprepared for this new information. Our Doctor came, confirmed he was breach and did the most amazing thing! He flipped him externally! Things happened very quickly following this, we broke my water so my son couldn't flip again. The contractions increased in pain and intensity. We were officially admitted and I was a little overwhelmed at this point, nurses flying in and out of the room, poking and trying to get me ready. We were taken to our official room and things did not slow down. I started to feel back labor, which is very uncomfortable! I ended up asking for the epidural. From there I had some side effects, my blood pressure dropped and my oxygen. They took actions immediately and the next thing I knew was I was laying down with an oxygen mask and  rounds of medicine being pushed through my iv. You can imagine just the fear of my babies health and safety running through my mind, I began to cry softly out of fear, frustration, and being uncomfortable and overwhelmed. Finally my blood pressure came back up but I had to keep my mask on. My husband was such an amazing supporter and just let me cry and talked me through it. It was a wonderful marital experience. As time went on I began to feel pressure in my pelvic region. Almost an urge to use the restroom. Unfortunately the epidural wared off. I hit 10 cm and I had my son naturally(yes felt every last bit!) My second birth experience was so different from my last but I wouldn't trade it for anything! It strengthened my marriage, I found out I can do natural, I am strong enough, and God took care of my family. 💙