Subchorionic Hematoma

Heather

Hello Everyone!

I had my dating ultrasound done yesterday. I'm officially 7 weeks and 3 days (Due somewhere around March 20th, 2017)! My husband and I are very happy. We planned this baby, although it happened a bit quicker than we were expecting...lol.

Anyway, today, the midwife's nurse called me to tell me that they also visualized a small Subchorionic Hematoma (SCH) between the placenta (what's forming of it) and the uterine wall. She said that they're fairly common and can cause light to moderate bleeding if it ruptures. There's a small chance of miscarriage if the bleeding is too heavy but to call if I have heavy bleeding/clots. They usually resolve on their own with no complications. She put me on light duty at work, laying with feet elevated at home, and will reassess it in 3 weeks.

I've had no bleeding or spotting at all in the pregnancy thus far. I've had light cramping since week 3 of my pregnancy (which she also said is very normal). And the baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound was good and strong at 140 beats per minute.

She told me not to worry and didn't really sound too concerned herself. This is my first baby, so I'm slightly worried, of course. But, I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this diagnosis?