Possible trigger- 1st ultrasound, need help/insight

Stephanie
We had our first ultrasound yesterday- we were barely told anything but that the baby had a strong heartbeat. The tech then had a radiologist come in and look at the screen and they both asked about my last period date. Here's where my numbers are a little weird- my last period was on 6/17, but my positive ovulation tests weren't until CD 23, 24, and 25 (7/9-7/11). We had our positive pregnancy test on 7/21 (CD35) 11 days post ovulation (I've been irregular since going off bc). We left with the tech saying our baby was 'sticking to the wall and hard to get a good photo' so we didn't even get any pictures. My husband and I left sad and confused. I finally was able to speak to my obgyn today. When the nurse pulled up the results she said 'okay you need a follow-up ultrasound in 2-3 weeks to document continued viability.' When I spoke to the doctor, she told me that the baby measured at 7 weeks and 2 days with 129 bpm. But that usually the baby is a 'perfect circle in the sac' and mine was 'not a circle at all and lopsided.' She said they also had trouble locating the fetal pole (but they did locate it, I think). When I asked if this was a cause for concern she avoided the question and said that the follow-up ultrasound would let us know if the baby is growing. I'm a first-time parent and so scared. I had to move my appointment back with the doctor to accomodate this follow-up ultrasound in 2 weeks (on 8/24, our 4-year wedding anniversary). I don't know if I should be sad, anxious... I'm trying to stay positive but don't want to give myself false hope. How will I get through these two weeks. What do you guys think? Is my baby okay? Thank you.