small rant

Elizabeth
So I know you can relate so I need to vent here: my MIL flew us in to Chicago for the weekend to attend my soon to be SIL bridal  shower. So nice! Babies first flight and it went well. On the same day as the shower she planned for all her friends to come over after and meet her new granddaughter. Anyone see the problem yet?
We went to the shower- we were gone for 6 total hours. No great naps. People holding baby. We get back to the house and more people are here to see baby. Baby starts crying. I was trying to put her to sleep and she has a scream that I have not heard. So tired. So overstimulated. My sweet baby. Finally got her to sleep. People are coming over in 20 minutes to meet her. She will be asleep. When she wakes up. She will need to eat. I'm thinking she might be down for the night. 
Everyone had good intentions BUT who plans a shower and then another party for people to meet a 4 month old @ 6PM on the same day? Is it rude if they don't get to meet her? She was so sad. 
Oh and people are going to be drinking. So ... Vent over. Thanks for listening. Don't plan two events for people to meet a 4 month old after she's been gone for 6 hours. And have it start at 6pm. Omg. ❤️