HELP! Trying to decide..

ALG
Hey ladies! So this might be a tad lengthy but I could really use y'all's help. 
So my husband and I are looking for a new town to live in. A town that's close to a pretty good size city. Kinda like living in a small town that's about 10-20 miles outside of a decent size city. Right now, we live in South Texas. And it is MISERABLY HOT. Prior to this, we were in Central Texas. It was good, but we didn't like how the atmosphere felt like you were stuck in the middle of nowhere. I mean, we kinda were. We visited Colorado recently (Co Springs) and fell IN LOVE. We love a mountain scenery accompanied with lots of trees but it doesn't have to be that whole shebang wherever we go. So besides the small town near a city, we are also looking at owning a house with the option of owner financing. Do any of you live near or know a town/city that fits that criteria? We're just looking to settle down somewhere because we have our first baby girl now and would love to finally be comfortable somewhere else. I know, to most, we should have already figured this out. Unfortunately, many different obstacles kept coming up. Thank you ladies for all your help!