BLM movement

Ichigo • I have one daughter. I'm also pregnant with my second. Unmarried.

****IMPORTANT!!!! THIS IS MY HUMBLE OPINION!!!****

I know we're all sick of hearing about race and blm and all that jazz, but hear me out. So, until recently I was totally for BLM. But things became stupid and I found myself losing support for the movement. And last night had me done. So I'm walking down the street and happen to end up behind two white cops. After doing my typical once over making sure I was doing nothing wrong that's a habit of mine despite the fact I was just walking (racial profiling is a thing), I just resume my pleasant walk. Two black dudes on bikes ride by and one yells (paraphrasing here) "you nut ass cops. Get the fuck out the hood fore I shoot you". The cops ignore him and continue walking. I face palmed all the way back home. Like... Are you serious?! Who does that?! And I'm like a good 60 years ago, he'd have gotten shot for simply LOOKING at a white cop! And he said all that! Like i cannot fathom any justification for all the rioting and bs that's been happening after seeing that. Yes, marching, yes sir ins, but rioting??! No. No. No. Le sigh... That was my lovely night.

Sigh of course I need to edit

**EDIT***

No. This one instance is NOT the reason I gave up on the blm movement. That was my own personal experience. I gave up on it because of the rioting, violence against our own community and how it's drawing nothing but bad attention for us. I am ALL for ending police brutality but disrespecting innocent cops is not the way, rioting, throwing things setting businesses on fire and all that junk is not the way. I do however see no issue with civil disobedience as long as it's just that. BLM it's is a great movement. How it's being enforced or ran is taking away people who would otherwise be for it.

Also they were wearing BLM shirts.