My boyfriend broke up with me and idk what to think

My boyfriend decided to move to a different state and I was going to move with him. We thought we had it all figured out and had everything set. But once I told my parents, I realized financially, it wouldn't be possible for me to move. From the get go he told me "I'm moving regardless of if you come or not, but I'm not doing long distance" When I told him I wouldn't be able to, we both talked about what's gonna happen with us. We ended up breaking up yesterday but when we did, he cried...which I've NEVER seen him do. He also had just told his sister the day before how much he loves and cares about me. And we were all happy and normal the day before. He's even told me numerous times how I'm the most amazing girl he's ever dated, the most loyal trustworthy and honest girl, and how I know him better than anyone else does. I just don't see why he would throw that away if I'm so great. I know he genuinely cares about me and loves me. But at the same time I feel like if he really loved me and wanted us to work, he would sacrifice by waiting a little bit longer or something. But I know how guys are and it's hard for them to back down from something they were set on. So I guess what I'm wondering is if there's any chance that maybe once he moves, or even before he does, that maybe he'll regret it and change his mind??