Public Service Announcement. Please read!!!

Kat
Ladies, I am posting this with the best intentions and I do not judge any one else's decision. I just wish someone had pointed this out to me with my first child. I was not aware of this information then and wish I had been more informed.
Many people seem to believe that because a doctor recommends or simply is not against it, that induction is without risk and is completely harmless. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Your doctor knows the risks but is willing to take them. Educate yourself to know to risks and make your own decisions. 
I say this from experience- if your body is not ready, you will most likely have a difficult induction. INDUCTION GREATLY INCREASES YOUR CHANCE OF A CSECTION. It starts a spiral of intervention that may not be what you want. If you are already starting to dilate you have a much greater chance of it going well! Ask your doctor if your body is showing signs of being ready.
Obviously if there really is a medical reason, induction is the best choice for you and your baby. But make sure it really is medically necessary. I know how hard it is to wait. I'm 39 weeks now and I feel DONE! I have a spinal fusion which causes a lot of pain. I have had false labor every night for 4 weeks. I have an almost 2 year old to take care of and no family in town. I get it!!! I was induced due to going over my due date with my first and I majorly regret it. I ended up with a csection because my body was not ready. It was not the birth a wanted and I felt disconnected from the birth and from my baby for a few weeks. I now have to fight for the birth I want- a VBAC. Recovery was difficult and I don't want to do it again. I look back now and think " why couldn't a wait one more week!" Right now it seems like forever to wait a few weeks but when I look back it will seem like the blink of an eye.
You can make it!!! It's hard but we women are so tough. Good luck everyone and may your birth be exactly how you picture it!