best friend.. potential boyfriend?? idk.

haze
Sorry this may be a little long but anyone who reads through and can give advice will be very much appreciated! 
Basically this year has been huge for me, I lost my dad, found out my relationship of 3 years was a sham (cheating, manipulation, controlling ect) and then the good parts; getting my friends back, reconnecting with family, being allowed to get tattoos & piercings ect. 
Now Here's where I'm confused, one of the friends I recently reconnected with (ex wouldn't let me be his friend or even talk to him for 3 years) can't get off my mind. We went out for drinks.. Ended up in a hotel for two days, no we didn't have sex but there was kissing and touching (sorry if a bit tmi) during that time he said we could be more.. He didn't go into explaining what more we could be though so I'm unsure if he means FWB or more than that.. 
We've known each other since I was 14 and he was my best friend until I got with my ex. Now things have changed and I see him in a different light! I think about him and how everything was and I get butterflies in my stomach, he's on my mind most days and I literally feel like a school girl with a crush all over again. 
I don't know what to do.. I really do like him, I love him as a friend too but I'm worried that I've read it all wrong as he hasn't messaged me first in a while now though he does have a busy life, his own business ect. I don't know what to do, how to act, ANYTHING!
Someone help? Please..? I don't even know what to do with myself anymore 😫