my baby boy is here 💙 scary beginning!

Bethany
Well my baby boy was born on December 29 when I was 39 weeks and 1 day. I had been in early labor for two days and during those days I was having regular contractions about 7-8 minutes apart but wasn't dilating past 1 cm. I was about 75% effaced and my doctor and I agreed that if I hadn't gone into active labor by the 29th we would start the induction that evening. I didn't make it that far though. The night of the 28th my contractions got very intense and my demeanor changed to very serious. So I made the decision that my husband and I should go ahead and go to the hospital. Once I got there I was still only at 1 cm but contractions were horrible and were coming at 3-4 minutes apart. After monitoring me, the doctor decided to insert a folley bulb to help me dilate. Very shortly after that, I decided to go ahead and get an epidural since I wasn't dilating easily. At about 7 AM on the 29th the doctor took out my folley bulb and I was 4.5 cm and my water was leaking so he went ahead and broke it all the way. As soon as that happened my baby's heart rate dropped to the 70's and then went back up. The doctor stayed in the room to watch and after each contraction it continued to drop. They frantically tried to get me in different positions to see if it made a difference but nothing worked. All of the sudden we just heard emergency c section and within 5 minutes I was being rushed into surgery. After the c section we found out that the umbilical cord had been wrapped around his wrist and was being compressed after each contraction. That was also the reason I wasn't dilating, but we had a healthy baby boy born on December 29 at 9:17 AM 💙Â