I don't want to be with him

So I'm 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my ex boyfriend's baby. We were only dating for 3 months before we ended up breaking up. He has a lot of mental health issues and was diagnosed with a mood disorder while we were together. We broke up because he can be very intimidating and doesn't pay enough attention to me (will literally not acknowledge me at all sometimes) when we're together. He also made some pretty abusive threats earlier in our relationship. I told him about the baby the day after I found out and he basically said we're either going to be together and have a family together or he'll just send me a check every month. I don't want my baby to grow up without a dad but at the same time, I don't want to miserable for the next 18 years trying to make things work with their dad.
I also have been talking to/seeing a guy on and off for the past year (we were never very serious because he's so much older than me, we would stop whenever we'd meet someone else). We both have very strong feelings for each other, I'd dare to say we really love each other. He's offered to give me as much help as he can, specifically allow me to live with him and help me pay for the baby. He has a daughter already and I know he's a great dad, the only issue is the age difference and trying to explain that to friends and family (he's 19 years older than me). I'm not anxious about it because I'm not sure about him, he's never treated me badly, he's always been a great partner and someone I really can imagine spending my life with.
I guess I'm basically just asking for advice. What would you do? I'm in college and can't support this baby on my own.