niece and nephew are being adopted

A year ago my sister put my 1 year old nephew and 5 year old niece in care all because she had a new boyfriend.
Anyway I don't have anything to do with my sister after she did this and made up false allegations against my partner so we couldn't go for the children. ( which all allegations have been investigated and dropped) she's had the police at our door loads of times.
Fast forward we did try going for the children but because of my health and other reason the social services wouldn't let us have them. They have been like my own children as my sister never really did anything for them. 
We recently found out they are being adopted by the foster family they have been with since day one. It breaks my heart as we've not been allowed to see them but the social worker has sent a letter and want to come see us about making a life memory for the children for them as they grow up. I have thousands of photos of them, I've got all my nephews hospital bracelets and first clothes. 
I need some ideas of what else I could put in the memory box for them? I want to make it as special as possible so any ideas are welcome.
So far I have photos, a baby book each, a teddy each, birthday cards and xmas cards.
Updated :-
I doubt there mum has done anything like this hence the reason why the social worker has asked me. We never even got to say goodbye I know my nephew is never going to remember us but my niece will and still does. The school she goes to is five houses away from where I live, yet we still can't see them. I know they are staying in the area and I'm hoping they will come find us when they are older. I was who cut their cord there for all scans, there at the birth, I held both of them first and fed them first gave them both there first baths at home. As my sister lived with me from the age of 16, I treated them like there were my own children.