Want to hop in?

Join our Community
Download Glow

I HATE it when people tell me I'm lucky...

I don't feel lucky at 4am when my husband is yet again having to stab me with a needle because I can't do it. 
I don't feel lucky when I have to explain to my grandmother why she doesn't have great grandchildren yet. 
I don't feel lucky when I have to tell my husband who is absolutely perfect in the sperm department that the test was negative. 
I don't feel lucky when I have to call my mom and tell her the meds didn't work this month. 
I don't feel lucky when my husband sees a father and his child and says he can't wait until that's us. 
I don't feel lucky when I my period is a month late and I'm downing another pill to force it to come. 
I don't feel lucky when the crushing depression hits because I know I am the only reason my husband isn't a father, my mother isn't a grandmother, my grandmother isn't a great grandmother, and my brother isn't an uncle. 
I don't feel lucky when the one thing my body is supposed to do doesn't happen. 
I don't feel lucky when I remember how horrible my childhood was and now I can't even do the ONE DAMN THING my body is supposed to do on it own. 
I don't feel lucky. I feel depressed. I feel angry. I feel hurt. I feel hopeless. 
Stop telling me I'm lucky because you wish you couldn't get pregnant right now. You have no idea how emotionally and mentally hard this is. Not to mention the physical toll the medicines take on you. 
Gf
Posted at Feb 05, 2017 โ€ข 106 responses

Glow Pages: Recommendations for Women, by Women

Find fertility products, clinics, doctors

Vi
Posted at Feb 07, 2017
I pray that the Almighty God will remember each and every woman seeking for the fruit of the womb in 2017, and make us happy mothers in the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen!!!
Sh:  Amen๐Ÿ˜‡
Je:  Amen! ๐Ÿ™
Ab:  Amen
Je
Posted at Feb 07, 2017
You're not alone. I also hate when people ask why don't you have kids yet? And I don't want to tell them the reason why and that we've trying etc. people should mind their business. I hate hearing about another person getting pregnant when they weren't even trying and don't appreciate how lucky they are. I hate hearing about another person getting pregnant just because I'm still not. Even though at the same time I'm happy for them. But it's just another crushing reminder I am not. Praying it happens for all of us ๐Ÿ™
Je:  I had a friend tell me after she had her kids that life would be empty without children and that I should get started having them. I didn't even know how to respond. It was very hurtful.
Ti:  I understand!!!!! It hurts.
Mr:  Yep. I never ask anyone this. Everyone who knows me knows how much I want kids but they ask anyway. It's none of their business... just leaves me awkwardly grasping at whatever flippant excuse I can think of because I don't want to share our struggles with them.
Gi
Posted at Feb 06, 2017
Maybe it is mean to say I hate all the things you said and more... I hate it when someone says " don't worry it will happen " because deep inside I want to believe it and yet every month for the past 4 years I cry myself to sleep because I did believe it was THE Month that it would happen. 
I hate when they say "take it easy" because who can take it easy when after taking all the drugs and after doing all the therapies and after trying and failing month after month .. who can take is easy and who can RELAX  ... 
ITS NOT THEM WHO IS SUFFERING no one will understand how we feel if they haven't felt it themselves 
Sh:  I feel exactly the same way.It is so hard to be hopeful when month after month,no positive pregnancy test.Thisb
Sa:  I'm with you on this , people are always saying your so lucky to be married and have a hubby that loves you !! Yeah I am there I know I am but it tears you apart each month af shows up !! I'm not lucky I can't do what my body supposed to do .... then the next question your married why no children
Wh:  Give it time or the more you stress the longer it will take!!!
Er
Posted at Feb 11, 2017
Hello
I'm not sure what your spiritual beliefs are, but I do know that God is for real and so are His promises. I promise you He will not leave you nor forsake you. He made your body and approved you even before He place you in your mothers womb. So with that said, He says you are fearfully and wonderfully made. 
That sounds pretty lucky to me... you have the most powerful being in the universe on your side. He loves you and wants to give you the desires of your heart, even the secret petitions.
Hold on to His promises and know that He cannot lie.
He says: The barren woman will be a joyful mother of children.
He says: Your children will be mighty in the land.
He says: To prosper and multiply 
He says: Your children will be mighty in the land.
He says: Your children will rise up and call you blessed !
You are not lucky... you are blessed and approved by the Creator of our universe.
Don't give up.. God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. It's not happening the way you want. Scripture says His was are not our waste and His thoughts are not our thoughts.
I'm praying and standing in the gap with you that you will see His promises come to pass.
Get excited and wait with expectancy from this day on.
Take care and no more worries dear. ๐Ÿ˜
Er:  Amen and amen... you stay encouraged.
Be:  God is in control. no matter how many times we want to scream NOW GOG I WANT A CHILD NOW He knows what He is doing. Than you for the sweet reminder of God's faithfulness and gentle kindness. We have been trying for almost 7 years. some days it's easy to take on the burden of not being good enough to have a child, but God is preparing us for when we are able r have children and for the work He has called us to do. believing in Faith that you will become pregnant with God's promise. love and prayers
Er:  Any room in this promise God has for you. Trust and focus only on God forget what you see and what doctors say. Focus on your relationship with God and your husband. Show God your faith and do something that shows Him you trust Him. Peace and blessings, Ericka
He
Posted at Feb 14, 2017
I feel the same way. While I do have one, i did just lose another (Something I was told if I ever did conceive was a very, very strong possibility). 
I'm not lucky there.
However; 
I am lucky to have access to modern medicine to be able to take these measures
I am lucky to be healthy overall
I am lucky to have access to mental health assistance for times when I just can't cope
I am lucky that there is still a chance
I am lucky that I have a husband who loves and supports me and does his utmost to try and understand the struggle - Who stays by my side when I am at my lowest and goes through the pain of grief and heartache with me
Ca
Posted at Feb 17, 2017
We should try and be thankful for what we DO have while we wait to get pregnant (sight, mobility, no disability, no congenital heart defects, food to eat, s place to live, a GOOD HUSBAND). Patience and faith 
Fr
Posted at Feb 20, 2017
I feel you on all of that! But you must feel lucky that you are alive! And that you have a husband, mom, grandma and brother! I feel like giving up a lot too, but we must trust God AND all that depression, stress and frustration won't help you. Baby dust from heaven to you!!! Hope u get your blessing soon! 
Je
Posted at Feb 17, 2017
I hate that we are all having to go through this but it is good to know that we are not all alone in how we feel on a daily, monthly basis. There have been 5 pregnancy announcements in my office in the last 3 months. Each time I hear one my heart breaks and although I'm happy for them I do think 'when will my time come'?. And then all the comments start "you'll be next!", "it'll happen when you least expect" and "your just not ready yet" and with each announcement I dread the questions and try to hold back from not breaking down. I wish people were more sensitive about asking.... :(
Al
Posted at Feb 20, 2017
I can't tell you how much I understand the feelings, especially hopelessness! We've been trying for 3.5 years and every doc we see says nothing is wrong with either of us, yet, we can't get pregnant.
If I hear one more person say, "what you need to do is..." I'm going to scream!
Sending hugs girl, you're not alone!
Br
Posted at Feb 13, 2017
Ditto 100%. Over 6 years ttc, and I feel lie I'm not a real woman without being a mother.m. I have people tell me all the time that I would be a great mom, but it just kills me every time I hear it. 

Want to comment?