I thought I LOST MY BABY until...

Jenn
So, yesterday at 7 weeks I bled and soaked a pad and thought I miscarried cause I passed tissue that looked like a tiny c shaped baby attached to a little yolk sac. So I went to the emergency room and the doctor did an ultrasound and said there was a gestational sac with no baby or heartbeat. Then he did a pelvic exam and said there was tissue coming out and that I did miscarry. He said my hcg level was still high because I had pieces still inside me that i would have to pass or it could give me an infection and they would have to remove my uterus. My husband and I balled our eyes out and were devastated all night. Today we chose to be calm and strong and focus on my health. We went back for an ultrasound to make sure the gestational sac had passed. The doctor came into the room and said there is a BABY in there with a strong HEARTBEAT!!! We were so shocked and confused. He thinks I miscarried a twin. Im so happy I still have a baby cause I had come to terms the fact that it was gone and I felt so empty. Today's news was a beautiful surprise and blessing, but the doctor did say that there is still a chance I could miscarry the baby cause I'm bleeding and cramping a bit. What a crazy weekend of ups and downs. I'm just going to keep praying. Anyone else have a similar situation?