A Covetous Spirit

Ladies, we can truly be consumed by our emotions when pregnant. It doesn't help when we see other women experiencing the joy of child baring and labor success that is opposite of ours. It seems like everything intensifies when we aim to please and go above and beyond. We see baby shower ideas that we love but can't afford the same thing. We see beautiful maternity pictures of couples and desire the same thing. This is called covetousness. It is when we want what others have. And really we have no clue to the life, struggles, or hard work it took to get it. Or even worse, who they lied to or stole from to get it. Or even worse! On the outside they look happy, but they are miserable and unhappy.

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Hebrews 13:5 NKJV

Our Father in heaven knows your desires. He knows your wants and needs. If He blesses her, He will bless you. He will not leave you comfortless. However, there is something on our part that we must do to activate this. We must be born again and trust in these truths. Be commit to practice. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing from the Word of God.

I can share this because I too struggled in my marriage and pregnancy with it before. I longed for my life and circumstances to be another's. I would get on social media and see people living and having everything I wish I had. And then the scripture I provided came to me. And I confessed it and the Lord removed it from my heart. Covetous is idolatry (Colossians 3:5). And I had seen that I cannot worship idols and God. I am the love the Lord God with all my being! And God is a jealous God and will have no man before Him. But His love was gentle and stern. And from that day on, I believed the word of truth that says if I ask according to his will, he hears me and I shall have what I ask for in his name.

I pray that who I was instructed to write this for received this and your read your word and pray. In this world, we will have trouble, but take heart he has overcome the world.

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

I John 5:1‭-‬5 NKJV