NASA's new exo-planets

odessa • med student 💉 | capricorn.
So who else is totally stoked about the 7 new planets orbiting star Trappist-1? Three are potentially inhabitable, and could give us clues to the ultimate question of "are we alone in the universe?" I'm super excited and I wish we had the technology to travel to these planets, but they are wayyyyy to far away and we would never make it there in any of our lifetimes. Though an interstellar vacation sounds about great right now with all the chaos happening here.
I think starting a new human colony on another planet and potentially starting over sounds like an amazing and exciting idea, though it's not something that will be happening anytime soon (with the exception maybe of our current efforts to colonize Mars). This is super exciting to me since working at NASA is my current career dream and goal. Do you guys believe in alien life? How do you feel about possibly colonizing other planets? Do you think it's possible? A good idea? 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/science/nasa-announcement-today-trappist-1-alien-life-solar-system-latest-live-exoplanet-a7593941.html%3Famp#scso=uid_WK8gvgALsyIKY9sJTwqBsg_0:0