The day 100,000 Iranian women protested the head scarf

Sa
Just wanted to share this with you from my birth country, Iran. There are so many misconceptions about citizens of Iran in US right now, and it's more important than ever to think about Iranian people separate from Iranian government. 
I was born in the 80s so I grew up after the revolution in Iran. Pictures below are women of my mom's generation who had to protest the forced Hijab when it slowly was being forced on them. They failed. By the time I was in elementary school, the revolutionary government had succeeded in forcing all Iranian women to wear a headscarf in public. 
Most of you guys don't know this but my parents generation in Iran went through a painful period of "slowly losing their rights", from having their hair out in public to having bars and night clubs to having alcohol to women's right to a divorce, child custody, to walking with a boyfriend in a park.
This is why Trump administration scares the hell out of me. I know rights can be taken away. Governments are powerful. Protests don't always work if we don't stand together. 
Some pictures of the protest in 1979. Here is the full article: http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2015/09/15/the-day-100000-iranian-women-protested-the-head-scarf/