Husband's drinking problem

TIa
I grew up in a home with an alcoholic parent. I got pregnant in high school and it scared me so much to have to depend on an alcoholic, along with some other reasons, I gave my daughter up for adoption. I hate drunks. I now have an 8 month old. My husband started having a beer most week nights. I asked him to please not, he said its just one or two, I'm fine. Now its 3-4 more frequently through the week. Last weekend he went out with a coworker had 2 beers came home for 20 mins tops and went to a party said he wouldn't drink much because he had to watch our son in the morning while i was at work. He came home at 4 am stumbling around and I had to be at work in 2 hours. I was an hour and a half late because I had to find a babysitter. I had enough at this point. He told me he was sorry and that he wouldn't do it again, said he was the worst dad, he's done drinking for a while, blah blah blah. Now he's away for work and I find out he had 5 beers last night and he's spent over $160 just over the weekend. I'm scared I don't want to be with a drunk. That's where he's heading. He's being irresponsible he's increasing his drinks overtime. He's telling me He's done and then having 5 drinks!!! I want to get this under control before it rips us apart but I'm not going to stay with a drunk that doesn't think he has an issue