should I take another test now or wait?

So for the past 2 weeks I have been getting pains in my lower stomach and getting nauseous a lot. So my boyfriend and I were thinking I might be pregnant. I took a test last weekend and on Tuesday and they were both negative but I am now 3 days late on my period and wonder if I should take one now or wait a few more days?