Keeping secrets from his parents

Salam. I posted this in another group but in case no one answers.... I am not Muslim, but my fiance is from a Muslim family although he is not practicing. Sorry if this is long. I've got a lot on my mind. I am asking this question more as a cultural question...

So I know it is important for people to be virgin until they are married. It is supposed to be this way in Christianity, which I follow, as well. I am technically a virgin as I have not had sex, but I was sexually abused and raped for many years by my birth father. I eventually did tell someone and got placed in foster care and became adopted at age 15. I am now engaged and my fiance, Mahir knows everything about my past, good and bad. He knows I was raped and wants to keep it a secret from his parents in fear that they will shame me. I don't know much about Muslim culture. Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't think someone, especially his parents, would forbid us from marrying because I was raped... If someone could give me advice or answers, I would be very grateful!