early labor?!

Chelsey • First time mommy to baby Hayden! She's my whole world, I didn't know I could love someone so much! 💖🦋🎀🐳
Okay ladies, this is my first pregnancy! I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and have had a great pregnancy this far! So Friday afternoon I started having contractions, they where every 10 minutes and lasting 30-40 seconds. I told my mom what I was experiencing and she told me to go get checked out, so I did. They where in fact real contractions and I was hooked up and monitored because I was not dilated and they weren't getting worse or lasting longer, I was at the hospital from 2pm till 9pm with no change. I went back yesterday and was examined by my DR and still no dilation. I have since been sent home and told to page her when they get more consistent and last longer. She said it could be early labor and sometimes it takes days for active labor to start! 🦋 I know my sweet baby girl will come when she's ready 💖 im just wondering has this happened to anyone?! Did you go into labor soon?! Or did baby stay in until due date?! 
Thanks in advance 🎀