Daycare when child is born...

Bobbie
So I have been struggling with this and when to start looking into it... Any suggestions or thoughts would be helpful as I have no idea where to start with this, FTM. My husband works for a family owned company that only runs in the summer. Baby is due in August and I am hoping to take 12 weeks for maternity leave, by the end of my maternity leave he will then be on unemployment so he will be able to be home with baby then. Trying to figure out what to do once he goes back to work in April or May of 2016. His mom has made a couple comments to me about them watching the baby when he goes back to work, as both her and his sister work out of the home office, which sounds great. However, I know his sister did this with both of her children and it eventually turned into everyone talking about it behind her back, cause she wasn't getting work done with her kids there. I don't want this to happen to us or them last minute say it isn't working, and I am scrambling to find someone else. I have been kind of looking around at daycares as my husband doesn't want to rely on his family seeing what happened with his sister, but they are so expensive, and we would only need it during the summer months, most in home daycares it doesn't work like that and they may fill the spot for the next summer, and I would need to deal with this every summer. (If we go the daycare route when should I start calling places?) I would love to leave my job but it isn't really an option due to needing my income also. I also thought about trying to find a nanny to come into the home during the time needed, but who's to say that would be any cheaper. Any suggestion or thoughts would be much appreciated!