Boy Trouble

Hey fellow Glow Gals! I've been having some boy trouble at school lately (I'm in the eleventh grade in high school). This is going to be a little bit tricky since I actually have two trouble cases... I'll break it down into two parts. Just bear with me please as I try to explain it xD

So, I'm in University Physics, and I sit with my friend in one table, and there's an attached table with two more guys sitting right beside us. The guy who sits next to me is best buddies with the guy who sits next to him. So the order is as follows: my friend, me, his friend, him. Recently, my friend has been noticing that he just tilts his head our way and just looks for a few seconds. He does this repeatedly during the class. I've noticed it too, but I always just assumed he was looking over at the cabinets on the far side of the room... Anyways, last Friday my friend told me she thinks he likes me. I'm sort of a not popular girl because I don't wear lots of brand-name expensive clothing and have never consumed alcohol with friends or done drugs and I also do not go to parties because the people who invite me to parties are the ones I do not trust. However, I am NOT boring, I usually pop out in a classroom! Anyways, I was thinking about it the whole weekend, and decided that he's a nice guy, but he's a bit of a show off and a little rude to his friends. I don't know if he's like this on purpose to try and impress me, and I also don't know if he really likes me or not. I also have never caught him staring directly at me because he always looks away, and anytime I face his direction for a PowerPoint presentation or something, he never looks at me. But when the teacher's teaching or I'm doing homework, he'll look a couple of times. I read a tip that says when he looks at me, just smile as if it's a joke but don't look at him. So today, I caught him looking at me from my peripheral vision and smiled while looking at my work, and I am pretty sure I caught him off guard because he looked at me longer this time. Do you think he likes me? Should I give him a try?

Onto trouble number two...

The boy who sits next to him at a separate table is also in my Chemistry class and I do know him. I've caught him staring intensely at me in Chemistry, almost like he was trying to use his brain or mind control to "make" me look at him, and when I looked directly at him, he didn't break eye contact. He's not bad, he just really insults me sometimes, and teases me and I don't know what to do because I have a feeling he does like me and I don't want to be mean, but I don't feel the same way. Also, please don't say something like "tell him you're not interested" because I can't randomly go up to him and say that! What if he doesn't really like me that way, what if he's just weird???

Oh gosh, sorry for the super long post, but I really do need help!!!

P.S, this is the first time a boy has EVER looked at me that way, and I am not even THAT pretty, so don't think I'm bragging or anything, it's just that this is the first time this is happening, so any help would be much appreciated!