Do I need to Let Go!

Becoming • Love, Confidence, & Prosperity
I have been in a relationship for 6 years. And me and my boyfriend have a 4 year old daughter together. I love my boyfriend with all me heart he is an awesome provider and a very amazing father. The only problem Is I'm 25, and will be 26 next month and with the time and commitment we're putting into eachother I think that we should tie the knot and make it official. Get married! But when I bring it up to him he gets upset, saying why can't we just take it slow and work our way to that. But the thing is it has been 6 years how much slower could it be. I'm torn I feel I could be stuck being his girlfriend for the next 6 years. I'm stressed about it and I'm even starting to think he will never be ready and maybe I should call it quits. Because I want to be with someone who feels the same way and he is not getting it 😒 I dont know what I should do. I am even considering telling him if he does not propose before the year is up, I'm out! I'm confused and irritated! What's your take, opinions, & advice?!