I just don't know...😕 **updated**

Ka
My boyfriend's family has a reunion every 2 years. The last time we went I was pregnant with our daughter. So this year it's being put together again in July. We live in Texas and the reunion is in Nebraska. Our house consists of 5 adults and 1 toddler. My boyfriend and I are the only ones with jobs. We live with his mom due to her medical issues so she only gets social security and he has one sister who just graduated from college (moved back in) and one who just finished her freshman year (staying for the summer). So anyways my dilemma is...I have saved what we got from our income tax and the only people that knows that is my boyfriend and my mom. We pay all the bills...house, water, phones, everything. Were both union electricians but if we get laid off there's no telling when our next job is. Could be weeks or even months. My question is...is it wrong of me to keep that money set aside?? I mean it's travel expenses for 6 people.  I feel like if we use it I would feel slightly irresponsible. We work so hard to keep the fridge stocked, the utilities on and keep everything going smoothly. I love his family. I'm already a little stressed. Just don't know how to handle. 😕
...Sorry for the long post...
So for anyone who is interested. My boyfriend and I talked about all this and he has agreed that our I have stashed will stay stashed. I feel absolutely relieved he feels the way I do. We live like that money doesn't exist. We will work a few extra hours to try to make this trip happen. His extended family decided to gather donations to help us get there. 
Simply blessed. 😊