done with religion crossing over into my TTC struggle ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜’

quark โ€ข ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿปmommy`s angel in heaven 9.10.17 | preg w/a ๐ŸŒˆ
I've been TTC for 2 years and something has been bugging me almost as bad as not getting the hallowed bfp - people around me bringing up God in relation to TTC. I live firmly in the Bible Belt, and culturally, there just aren't as many people here who choose to live "childfree" - having kids is totally expected starting around age 18, and random people will ask invasive questions if you are in a relationship and do not have kids. Also, I'm surrounded by people who range from sincere and kind hearted believers to jerks who just see church as a networking op. But I'm about to lose my mind with every question about "expanding my family" and that "God has a plan for you" and "it may not seem like it but it will work in God's timing." I'm also constantly told to keep praying about it, and to pray harder - like prayer "strength" somehow flips a switch in my uterus? I was able to handle this fairly well a few months ago but now I actively avoid certain people because they constantly try to make my infertility a matter of religious faith, and my beliefs about God have taken a beating since TTC for over a year with nothing to show for it. Please tell me I'm not the only infertile turtle to experience this crap from well meaning but obnoxious people?ย