Bowel movement issues?

Am
I am not regular and I don't know why. I eat pretty heathy, a more high protein diet because I lift weights 3 to 4 times a week in addition to walking everyday and yoga. I found I don't feel like I am hungry all day on a high protein diet. My macro ratios are usually about 50% carbs 25% protein and 20% fats. I eat healthy fats (avocados, nuts, cheese, seeds, nut milk, meat, eggs, and tofu), at least 1 grain a day, and 30 grams of fiber. Oh and I drink 1 gallon of water a day in the form of just plain water or tea (herbal or green but no black tea). So I feel like I am doing all the right things, and I maintain and lose weight when I need to on this eating plan, the only problem is I don't really have bowel movements :( and I  not sure why and it just feels uncomfortable. Nothing painful, just feels a little congested. The only thing that really helps is a laxitive and I really don't like taking those but I do when it has been a couple of days and I just don't feel good. Has as anyone else had a problem like this? Or have any suggestions?