I'm ready yet scared

Okay so i'm 16 and still a virgin but I wanna start doing things with this guy i've been with for a while. We don't really have a label because we're really not like that but we're basically dating and we've both agreed on that. He told me he's not going to make me do anything I don't wanna do and that he's ready when i'm ready but I honestly think I'm ready. Like our relationship is so laid back and nice and we hang out almost everyday and he never pressures me. We've only been talking since the end of february and he's so easy to talk to and mature. I've let him finger me (today was the first time actually) and we've made out and stuff but that's it. I wanna have sex with him and I'm not as scared as I was before. I also don't wanna take it too fast but I just really feel like i'm ready.And I know it's gonna hurt but really the only reason i'm scared is that he's gonna see my body and that's just a privacy thing. I'm just scared of that and it hurting. We've both talked about it and he said he's scared to and that it's gonna be awkward but he said it's okay and we can be awkward together.We both want it to mean something but i kinda wanna be saying i love you before we do all that but I think he does but is scared i won't say it back because that's one of his fears( rejection) I know it's natural to be scared but still.  I just need some advice and help!! Please