Husband and Alcohol

Emily

So my husband works all week, and when he has a couple days off on the weekend the first thing he wants to do is drink, which I don't mind. BUT he doesn't know his limits and I feel like I need to babysit him every single time, and I don't end up enjoying myself. He gets to the point where he's stumbling and slurring his words, and last night went too far; I had to hold him up to pee, and could barely get him up to go to bed because he was basically passed out. I just broke down crying after I got him to bed because I've told him how I felt about it every single time, and he always reassures me that I don't need to babysit him, and I don't need to worry, but it's the exact opposite once he starts to drink. It's not like he's an angry drunk, he's the complete opposite.

I don't want to fight about it every time, but I feel like he doesn't understand how it makes me feel when I'm in those situations and how bad it could end up being for him if he doesn't know his limits. The morning after this, he acts like nothing even happened and that really bothers me. I don't get a thank-you, or an apology. I don't know how to make him see how it affects me. Any advice?