Not enough sex

So my husband and I have been married for 3 years. We are madly in love, he's like a romantic puppy lol. We are now at the point were we want to start a family but the problem is.... we only have sex once a week sometime once every two weeks. I have a really high sex drive, I could literally have sex everyday more than once and not be tired. His libido is really low and I don't know what to do to get him to want to have more sex. Its like we have switched roles and I'm the man and he's the woman with the headaches. Don't get me wrong he loves it when he finally is in the mood but I wish he was in the mood more often. He acts so surprised when other friends and couples tell us they have sex minimal three times a week. He doesn't like to talk about it because it makes him sad and feel less of a man. I've tried to get him to see a doctor but he says he's fine. I feel like all his energy goes into work and the gym and then has nothing left for me until the weekends. When we first got married it was a real problem and made me feel less of a woman. What do I do to help?