Waiting for a better time to TTC

Deandra • Angel baby lost 06/13. Baby gone 05/13/2016.

I suffered a miscarriage almost 2 years ago. We hadn't been trying and the pregnancy was a shock. Despite that I really wanted the baby. Ever since the miscarriage i've been waiting for the day we'll begin TTC. My fiance and I have been together almost 6 years and are engaged. We have a 2 bedroom apartment and tons of family who are dying to buy baby stuff. I want to begin this journey. But my fiance and I had a plan. And in that plan we would have financial stability. Which is smart and right and logical. He has a good job, good money...... but gets laid off during times when his company doesn't have contracts. These layoffs can last months..... And I work crappy retail.

The waiting is horrible. The are times when I'll have pregnancy symptoms and wonder "has it happened all on its own?" But then I get my period.....

Anyone else know what I mean? How do you handle the waiting, looking down the next few years till you get to the next hurdle, the big trying to conceive hurdle.....

I know there's no right time to start a family, which makes the waiting so much harder!!