Just prescribed clomid

So I went to the Dr. to see what was going on. My husband and I have been TTC for a little over a year. I have had one miscarriage, and nothing else since. My cycles have been off, not two the same over the year, and one as long as 90 days. I thought the Dr. would run some tests, maybe an u/s to look at everything, but she just did a blood test to check my thyroid and prolactin levels. Everything was fine then prescribed me chlomid, said she wanted to see me back in 3 months.  I'm freaking out a little bit, and scared to start clomid so I'm looking for some feedback. One, is it normal to NOT be monitored for follicles and ovulation while taking clomid? Two, I'm freaking out at the idea of having multiples. I mean all babies are a blessing, just makes me super nervous. I read that it raises your chance to 10%, but almost all the stories are people with twins. Three, does clomid increase the risk of an ectopic pregnancy? Sorry for the crazy long post, I just want to make sure I'm prepared and have all the info before deciding to start this.