Not good enough for Mother in law?

So me and my SO have been together for about 1 year and a half officially. I've engaged with his mother in 6 occasions or less. This is because we live in another city hours away. I told my SO from the moment she met me, that she didn't like me and I could just tell. I told him about the number of times she'd not say hi to me at family events or just act really distant and weird. At last it was finally confirmed last week. His cousin mentioned how she once said to his mom (her sister) that she didn't like me because my family was "low income"....WHAT?! I felt so offended and disgusted that someone would even judge me in that way. I understand if it were because of my characteristics but really, money?! Anywho, more came to the light when me and him had a fall out about a month ago. (We're back together) and she told him she was glad I was out of the picture and BLAH, blah, blah. He stood up for me and told her to mind her business and for that, for basically putting his foot down, she disowned him and they're now in a huge fight. Harsh things were said between the two...ALL because of me? Does she dislike me that much? What do I do? At first I cared and dressed this because for GODS SAKE ITS HIS MOTHER. But does she even deserve to be honored? Someone help... 

Vote below to see results!