Limited Midwifery and Birthing Centers Option

Natona • Wife. Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Baby Wearing Mama 4/9/18. 💕

Let me start off by saying I am simply FRUSTRATED. 😭😡😤

I just left my first consultation with the ONLY midwife in Augusta, Georgia and I DID NOT like her. She literally apologized the whole appointment because she was distracted and not organized, her house was a mess, and she had very vague answers and advice to my questions and concerns.

Now my only reasonable option is hospital birth which was my absolute LAST resort. I am still determined to have a natural birth because that's what I believe is best for my body and baby. So NOW, I have to make another birth plan which might consist of driving between 2 hours and 2 hours and 30 minutes to my hometown, Greenville, SC to go to a hospital affiliated birth center that is absolutely gorgeous and have a midwife that I love and is perfect for me and my pregnancy expectations.

Money, Insurance, and Time away from Work is not an issue. This is what my heart and soul is set on and nothing can get in the way unless my baby's needs say otherwise!

Right now, I'm solely concerned with how I should time the drive to the birth center before or during labor. Let me add, my whole family and supportive friends and spiritually family lives in Greenville, SC. I have not ONE single person in Augusta, GA that I wish to attend the birth or visit after the birth other than my husband. So that's why it's super important that I go to this specific birth center. I also have the option of staying with my mom a couple days before my due date. We also plan to permanently move to Greenville in the summer of next year because I'm sooooo homesick and I just hate it here in Augusta, which is definitely adding lots of stress to all my pregnancy related decisions.

I'm definitely in desperate NEED of opinions, advice, stories, and general support below👇🏾💕