Venting!!!

VENTING*

I just need to let it all out.

I wish my mom was more supportive of her children. I wish she was more proud of our accomplishments. I wish she was able to get excited for the little things in life.

I understand she didn't have a great childhood due to the fact she was born in another country and my grandparents weren't the best of parents as well, but she hasn't always been the supporting one to her children.

I love my mother, id do anything for her, but when I want to talk about life and things that make me feel "grown up" she just shuts me down and makes me feel like a child. As if I don't understand anything.

Me and my husband will be PCS soon and we're looking into buying a home. The new area we will be in is about 6 1/2 hours from home. Previously I moved with my husband for about 7 months 3 1/2 hours away to his old unit. I moved back home while he's away to save some money.

We're looking into buying a new home *our very first home* and my s/o can't make it to view homes with me so I ask my mother for her help, she just right off the bat shuts me down saying that we live in a fantasy world that nothing is that easy.

I've already contacted a realtor and have gotten a prequalification which was easy!

She just starts by saying it's going to be just like my brother (whom moved back home since him and his wife had a child cross country and missed home) and that why can't we just rent and just wait and see if my husband can transfer later on closer to home.

I've tried to explain military life to her and how it's not a regular job which you can just choose a location and transfer wherever you'd like, but she just doesn't seem to understand.

I will miss home, but we won't be cross country, and it's not like we can pick up and move when we feel like it like my brother did.

I don't understand how she can make something so exciting and such a big step in life seem so little to her. Why can't she just support us? I know it's hard for a mother to let her children go and see them grow up but she's not the type to come to common ground with anyone. She just gets upsets and ignores you. It hurts because I wish she was more involved and I wish I was able to talk to her about life and not feel as if my mother is going to make me feel belittled.

I'm not the only child she has done this with, she acts this way a lot with my oldest brother whom is already married with two children. When I talk to him he just says he understand so much where I'm coming from and he's tried all his life to get her to be happy but she can never be.

I don't know if anyone can relate..

but I just needed to write it out somewhere!