Recurring yeast infection during pregnancy. HELP!

Heidi • Proud mummy of two beautiful boys, Isaac (01/01/16) and Jensen (14/04/18)

I'll be 12 weeks on Tuesday and have had 3 yeast infections this pregnancy, with maybe a break of a couple of weeks in between max. Each time, I have used Clotrimazole 7 day cream (all that's available in New Zealand) on the advice of my midwife. I had one swab done to confirm the infection the first time, and my midwife hasn't bothered to do another as I definitely know what it feels like. I suffered last pregnancy too, but not to this extent!

I've just started using my third treatment and woke up to horrible cramps this morning. I had this the first time too. Has anyone else suffered this side effect? I'm reluctant to finish this treatment as it worries me that I could potentially miscarry due to this side effect, and my repeated use of the medication.

Also, does anyone have any advice on how to kick it for good? I'm taking probiotics (35 billion so high strength) and I have always worn massive cotton underwear.

All advice welcome!