advice........

so i moved last year, i meet this guy as soon as i moved, hes sweet, charming,funny,smart. he made me really happy but we never really worked out because i was new in this small town that my family has lived in. i had alot on my plate but me amd him would talk and flirt amd basicly act like a couple on a daily bases. i love him. weve both dated other people. none has worked out for either of us, always confide in eachother, we are always honest.its been over a year and he wants mto try again. but i dont know if i should. he need a place to stay one night, but ix wasnt in town, so he stayed at one of my bestfriends house.she text me the next day. "hey.... im sorry..... i slept with _____" then she "fell in love with him" and after not speaking to me, lettin my to ex friends talk shit about me, shw calls me on my birthday. nohappy happy birthday, just her crying sayin i need to get over there aspa because he brole up with her. i dont know id i should try with him again or not, itd be inconsiderate off me to my friends and hes a mexican and my ewww parents wont approve but i love this guy i reallg so.