Boyfriend Wants to Be Friends With His Ex

Amanda

Hi ladies,

I just need a little support right now because I'm feeling like a crazy, irrational bitch. My boyfriend has been talking to his ex quite a bit lately, but as far as I know, it's all been friendly and innocent on his side. I talked to him about the fact that it bothered me a few weeks ago, and he told me that she wanted to get back together with him, but he chose to stay with me. I guess he thought that was good enough, so he continued to talk to her and tag her in Facebook memes. It's been driving me crazy and making me seriously question my relationship,so I confronted him about it tonight. He said that he didn't realize it was such a big deal, and he'll"minimize" how much he talks to her. They don't have any reason why they need to be in contact, so I told him that wasn't good enough, and he said he'd quit talking to her and ask her to stop talking to me if that would make me feel better. Now I just feel like he doesn't understand what my issue was in the first place, and he's just trying to blindly appease me, and I don't want him to be harboring resentment toward me later on. I feel terrible about basically telling him who he can and can't be friends with, but I'm really uncomfortable with them being friends.Do you think I'm justified in this situation, or is it wrong for me to try to limit his interactions with his ex?