The craziest thing EVER happened to me last night! I’m shocked, terrified, and excited all at once.

Me

I’m 21 and currently a college student. I’m an RA so I live in the dorms. My boyfriend lives in an on campus apartment. These past few days I’ve been feeling really sick. My abdomen was cramping SO bad and I felt really constipated. I was in my room with my boyfriend when I went to the bathroom and discovered I was bleeding. I had only had my “period” just a week prior so I was concerned. There was a lot of blood. My boyfriend took me to the ER and they’re running all sorts of tests on me. A nurse comes in and says she’s going to move me to another part of the hospital and that’s when the doctor said that I will be delivering A BABY tonight. The whole time my boyfriend was just like 😳😳😳 and I started laughing but kind of crying lol. I told him he had the wrong person because I wasn’t pregnant and he started laughing too and he said I was pregnant and the baby is coming now. So I called my mom and within the hour I delivered my baby girl! I’m still in shock. I had no idea I was pregnant. I had an IUD and trusted it. So I’m a mom now and I’m extremely happy but also so terrified. I did not expect this at all and have no clue what I’m going to do. It’s the middle of the semester. I can’t keep a baby in a dorm lol. My boyfriend is currently out to buy a car seat and I’m here pondering names. I’m met with a lot of decisions like breastfeeding vs formula and how we’ll deal with my boyfriend on campus. There’s a lot to think about but I’m happy our baby is healthy. She was born on October 19th at 11:48 pm weighing in at 6 pounds, 8 ounces. If you have any name ideas, I’d be happy to hear them!

Update: just a little update, we named her Adelaine Scarlett! Thanks for all of your suggestions. And I won’t be posting pictures of her as I just don’t feel comfortable doing so. Thanks everyone for your support and comments!