workplace harassment

Malory

I work in a golf club kitchen and have a coworker who is way too touchy feely he makes all the women uncomfortable. it's a kitchen so it's impossible not to touch each other some but his hands land in inappropriate places and linger. Last week I was in a situation with him where he had plenty of space to get by but choose to put his hands on me anyway I stepped further out of the way, but he kept his hand on me and finally told him "I don't like to be touched" he left me alone after that and I figured that would be the end of it. BUT THEN he gave his version of events to our other coworker who also happens to be one of my bffs, told her that he bumped me in a narrow space and I freaked out. so I reported him for it. they reprimanded him, documented it and if it happens again he'll be terminated. I know I did the right thing, and I'm so happy they actually took me seriously because I've had much worse incidents that management did nothing about at other jobs. But I still have this horrible unwelcome feeling of guilt, even though logically I know I didn't do anything wrong. It's so frustrating.