Ftm and don’t know what to think... (Long story.)

I just want to know if there’s anyone that went through this or something similar before. So, I’m currently 35 weeks pregnant and me and my partner found out at about 5 months (22 weeks) in that our baby’s arms and legs had been growing slower than the other parts of his body. Hearing that didn’t worry me as much because I’m a petite girl and I was barely starting to show at that time and was already expected to have a small baby. But then, my doctor tells me that she thinks it might be something called skeletal dysplasia, which is a form of dwarfism, and that it could lead to my baby not making it. I was confused and scared but even then she wasn’t sure and couldn’t tell me if my baby had that or not. Me and my partner were so shaken about hearing that kind of news because we didn’t know what we did wrong or why this was happening to us but we just knew we had to be strong and stay faithful. Ever since then, I’ve had an ultrasound done every month to monitor my baby’s growth. The ultrasounds continued to show that his amenities weren’t measuring how a normal fetus should be. My doctor then referred us to a genetics counselor and told us that he would be able to help and explain to us what we possibly had to be ready for if there was something as severe as skeletal dysplasia. So me and my partner go to see him and he told us that the main concern was that my baby might not make it after he was born if his skeleton wasn’t growing as it needed to. So he ordered an echocardiogram and another ultrasound to be done on me so we could make sure that wasn’t going to be the case. Anyway, fast forward to a couple weeks ago, at that last ultrasound the technician was kind enough to show and explain to me and my partner everything she was looking at and told us that our baby boy was going to be okay and that everything else was looking great. His limbs were a little shorter but that didn’t mean that he wasn’t going to do good or grow later on in life. That was a big relief. All I want is for my baby boy to have a good life and to be happy with who he is. We went back to the genetics counselor and he told us that my baby is growing like a normal baby should but that his arms and legs were in shorter proportion to the rest of his body. Meaning that he might have a problem with his height as he grows up. Either way, I’m grateful that it wasn’t as severe as they once thought it was going to be. Sorry if this was too much to read but thank you so much for taking the time. So, my question is: has anyone heard of this happening to someone else or has gone through something like this and had the baby come out okay and healthy?