Fake wedding ring?

So I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately and I think it might be a good idea.

I’m sick and tired of people judging me for being a young mom (especially old people 🙄)

I am 22, I have two kids and ttc #3. I have a house and two cars, a wonderful boyfriend who is the father of all our children. I think I am doing a pretty decent job at being a mom and our kids are happy and they will never lack of anything.

The thing is, none of that shows in my face, and my boyfriend works a lot and is never there during family activities (or barely). I always get stares or comments of strangers asking me if they are my kids, if I am still with the dad, about how young I am to have kids, if they were planned etc. I feel like I always need to justify myself in front of them and it really gets to me. If you are a young mom yourself, you know this happens A LOT!

That’s why I want a wedding ring. I feel like a wedding ring might help by making me look older, or at least it would stop people from asking if I’m still with the father, which is the worst 😤 Just so I can get around with my life and hopefully feel less judged, because yes, I do care what people think, good for you if you don’t 🤗

My boyfriend hates the concept of marriage, so I’ll never get a real ring, or at least not in the years where it matters most to me. He told me he doesn’t mind if I wear a ring, he said I can even call him my husband of I feel like it (I’m not sure I will), he wants to spend the rest of his life with me but just doesn’t care for getting married.

I was planning on getting a cheap ring from walmart and only wear it when I go out alone with the kids.

So what do you think, is it ok for me to wear a wedding ring and not be married or is it an insult to married women or something? 🤔

If someone asks about it I’ll tell the truth, but I doubt anyone will 🤷🏻‍♀️

Vote below to see results!