can yall help me w my crippling insecurity bc its getting in the way of things fr

Sheree

usually im a pretty confident person, im happy w myself and i work on my flaws and just do what i can, there’s no use stressing on things u cant control. but now im getting to that age where everyone has some kind of love life or even someone who asked them out before and i don’t. now a days whenever all of my friends start talking abt their love lives i suddenly want to go home badly and i just feel embarassed. i’ve never had a deep crush just mild interest, and im always too shy.

no one’s ever liked me or asked me out, and one time some guys were talking about how weird and strange looking i was and it got to me. i’m not one to obsess myself w other people’s opinions but eventually everyone thinking ur strange wears u down. i dont think im attractive, but i don’t think im ugly either. am i not good enough or something? do i really put people off that much?

now my friends are starting to think im jealous of them and it annoys me because im not, i have literally no reason to be. and every now and then i complain because i feel inadequate or like im behind (but only like one sentence not a rant like this) and they say things like:

“one day you’ll find someone”

“you look fine”

“you dont want a love life trust me”

and i know that they’re lying to make me feel better and on top of feeling inadequate i just feel patronized and the whole thing is just really fucking me up. i KNOW that its so dumb but i would really love some geniune advice on why im so single compared to literally everyone i know. or at least how to get over feeling like this bc bottling it up and trying to hide it isnt working.