The internet is a scary place...

Laura

This is my first pregnancy and I’m having a hard time not feeling frustrated and defeated. I’m trying so hard to eat the right things and avoid the right foods, but it feels like everyday I learn I’ve been doing something terribly wrong.

I ate a slice of pepperoni pizza last week. It was the second time in my pregnancy. *gasp*

I’ve been drinking tap water.

I’ve been drinking herbal tea.

My prenatal pill didn’t have DHA.

The list seems to go on and on of some type of damage I could have done.

There so much fear in pregnancy, especially the first trimester it seems. I’ve pinned lists of what to eat/not eat, but they never seem complete, or often times, even accurate. There’s so much development in the first trimester, but the first doctor’s appointment isn’t until 10 weeks. How is one suppose to know all of this while keeping their pregnancy a secret from friends and family? I find myself researching or posting out of insomnia and anxiety at 4AM.

I mainly just needed to rant here, as there are few places I can. Again, we’re not suppose to confess our transgressions or mistakes in pregnancy, as there are very real “fire and brimstone” judges out there for pregnant women.

So thank you for listening, and someone telling me on the internet that it will all be alright would be a wonderful relief.