When emotions take you off guard...

🌸Annie🌸 • #girlmom

Let me start by saying that I love my life... but being a military spouse is hard. We’ve moved five times in the last seven years. Also, this is a sad ranty/venty type post.

When we found out we were pregnant with all three of our kids, we were miles away from family and friends. I’ve never gotten to experience a gender reveal party or a baby shower, even. It isn’t about gifts... it’s about all of our friends gathering to help us celebrate a new life. It’s about being able to go shopping with my mom or my girlfriends... it’s about having people visit us after she’s born. I’ve never had any of that.

I was in the grocery store and was approached by an older gentleman to ask if he could give me his card. It was for a cake decorating business. He said, “I don’t know if you already have someone picked out for your baby shower, but keep us in mind!” and I responded with, “Oh, um... I’m not... having one. We just moved here, I don’t know anybody.” I couldn’t stop tearing up the rest of the time I was shopping. Sigh.

Thanks for coming to my pity party... it’s the only party I can have with strangers. 😂😩