EXTREMELY Irregular Periods?

Kami

Alright, I’m not an expert on periods but I do know that not having periods for nearly 5 months at a time is definitely abnormal, right?

I haven’t had a period or anything remotely close to a period since the last one i had ended in September. I started taking birth control pills back in April or May to regulate them since I had issues with very irregular periods but stopped taking them because they caused severe negative changes in my mood. And since I stopped taking birth control, my periods have stopped too. I know 100% that I am not pregnant. But, I often feel pains around where my ovaries are. I’ve discussed this with a couple of close female friends of mine and I’m concerned that it might be ovarian cysts. When I went to the OBGYN to talk to someone about it and get put on birth control to help regulate my periods and I know that it helps with PCOS, but they didn’t take it seriously. They didn’t even recommend me take birth control, I had to ask for it. The birth control did help a lot with the ovary pain and to regulate my periods, but the only negative side effect was the mood swings. But that’s just because of the brand I was taking, which had very negative reviews.

Am I just crazy, or should I really be concerned?