17 weeks & finally a little relief 💕

Stephanie

So relieved I just have to share... I'm 17 weeks today and i had a regular OB appointment to check baby's heartbeat. Currently going on a month waiting on toxoplasmosis blood tests from a specialty lab in Palo Alto (2 positive screems so far). the suspense has been horrible... not knowing if baby is developing normally or if baby is at risk is so scary and overwhelming. I broke down crying at the appt when i heard the heartbeat. my sweet doctor was nearly in tears and offered to give me a surprise ultrasound to measure babyand make sure none of the "worst case scenario" complications were present (microcephely, hydrocephely, enlarged organs, etc)... SO beyond relieved that baby is measuring on track and no visible signs of toxo were detecable on the ultrasound! measuring a few days behind, in 37th percentile, but with a strong 140 heartbeat. Doctor and I were both in tears. she gave me a hug, and told me to take care of myself with a massage, a pedi, and a hot turkey panini. she knows whats up 💜. hoping keeping my fingers crossed for good blood results soon!!! can't wait for the gender scan in 3 weeks!