How much hanging out is too much?

Annaleise • Just a girl, finding her way in the world

Today me and my boyfriend got in an argument because we were hanging out which we rarely do after school. To be honest, we had sex and after he was like “Take me Home?”

I was really hurt because I genuinely wanted to spend time together because we lately haven’t been hanging out after school like we use to do. Our biggest fight was actually about how we always use to hang out at my house and it almost led to us breaking up so needless to say it was a touchy subject.

These past four weeks we’ve barely hang out and I’m the time of girlfriend where quality time is very valued, maybe more than anything. I’m not saying I want to be with him 24/7, there are boundaries. He was telling me how it sounded like I wanted to be around him all the time but that’s not it.

Just to add, we spend a total of an hour and a half during school hours, which frankly isn’t that much.

I told him I was mad because we finally were hanging out and he wanted to go home and do homework which is fine but it turned into a whole other thing. He said he felt overwhelmed or “annoyed” that he sees me consistently throughout the school day.

That hurt. HELLA BAD.

He went on to say he wasn’t really annoyed, and honestly he didn’t really explain how it was any other word. He said argued that when we hang out after school that’s when all the arguments happen. Well that’s not true because we haven’t fought in a good month and a half.

Anyway, I just want to ask all the girls that have high school relationship, how much time did/ do you spend with them???