No heartbeat/Ultrasound Thursday

Jill

Last Friday, I went in for my ultrasound and the technician could not detect a heartbeat and the baby had stopped developing at 6 weeks (I'm 8 weeks along).

The week before, the technician was able to hear the heartbeat at 102 and the baby was 6 weeks along.

The doctor doesn't seem very optimistic. He says that I have some bleeding in my uterus and he expects that I will miscarry. I have another ultrasound on Thursday, which feels like months away at this point.

I would prefer to have a miscarriage naturally, but the doctor says if I have blood in my uterus that there is a high risk of infection and then a D&C would be the best option.

I'm trying to stay hopeful and just praying that they were wrong, but I also want to be realistic and be prepared for the worst.

I've been through a roller coaster ride of emotions and I'm very scared and obviously depressed. This is my very first pregnancy and we were so excited. I know that the doctor said since I can carry that's a very good sign for future healthy pregnancies. But I'm still very very upset that I may lose this one.

Any prayers, advice or how I can prepare myself for this tragic event would be extremely helpful.